C H R I S T - I S - T H E - W A Y

Monday, March 23, 2009

Sounds of the flow!


3/23/2009 Sounds of the flow!
Jeremiah 17:13

O LORD,….all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.
Whenever people see pictures like this, it always makes them feel good, rather they are Christians or not. Gods creation brings great joy to all people. They bask in His created natural world.
Almost every time a Christian sees a picturesque scene of a flowing river or water fall they immediately think of the scripture:
John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
And this brings quite a reassuring feeling as we hope that in someway we may help others who don’t know Jesus come to invite Him in as their Savior. That we will let that river of life flow through us into another persons life.
And while this stands true in my own life, what I like to do is remember that I need to stay in the flow of his giving love, grace and mercy. That I do not forsake the “fountain of living waters”. I must remember, as in the picture above, the water begins from the top (God) and flows down to mankind (me). I must position myself in a place to stay under the flow from God.
I must never wonder or stray from that flow and believe me it’s very easy to become distracted. If I’m not careful before I know it I can be out in the wilderness where there is no flow. If I wonder to far I can’t hear the bustling sound of the flow to guide my way back.
It’s then that God comes in search of me, “for His mercy endureth forever” which is found in over 43 scriptures in the Bible.
ARE YOU STAYING CLOSE TO THE FLOW!

2 comments:

  1. very very good.I'm glad of His mercy and grace for my life.I'm glad to know God will never give up on me even if I ever gave up on myself.

    ReplyDelete